Monday, June 22, 2015

Musings from the recliner...

This isn't meant to be a bitter or angry blog post... I am married and know tons of married and pregnant friends...I just saw this and had to laugh. 

I am home bound for the next couple of days and the couch has become my new favorite piece of furniture. Sounds relaxing (and it was at first) but I've already been cooped up at home for 3 days recovering from my womanly surgery. I am ready to be in any other position besides sitting and laying down. But alas, I cannot move about until Wednesday...doctor's orders.
       In the meantime, I have...
 1. learned how to play Grand Theft Auto V (which I am not good at);
    2. made jewelry--blog post on that to come soon;
 3. mastered the phone game "Cookie Run";
      4. written to old friends (but I can't mail any of the letters I wrote since I can't physically make the journey to the post office);
 5. finished my book for book club;
      6. and taken way too many pictures of Sadie.
Sadie is giving me healing cuddles.

Today, I decided that I should do something useful, so now I am blogging. But what to blog about? Being stuck at home makes one (or at least, me) depressed. I don't want to blog about my depressing shit so I started thinking about my friends and family and their hobbies and added the two up to discover how many future movers and shakers I know (and am related to).

But before I get to that, I guess I can talk about my surgery for a bit. Everyone loved my infertility blog post so here's a "part 2" follow up.
        (P.S. I find it a tad bit amusing that no one gives a flying flip about my DIY crafts, recipes or RagsReborn posts but as soon as I share something personal and painful, I'm an instant sensation. Crazy how the world works, huh?) 
Anyway, a  couple of weeks ago, my OB/GYN decided that it was time to remove the cysts from my left ovary because they are getting too big. (x_x) So this past Friday morning, Wes and I went to surgery. I was completely knocked out but my doctor told Wes the results:
  • My OB/GYN said that she didn't have to remove the cysts after all (which is so weird to me because that was the main reason why I went in... we'll need to talk about that during my post-op appointment...) They weren't as big or bad as she initially thought. 
  • Instead she removed some bad endometriosis lesions. I've always suspected mild to severe endometriosis and the diagnostic laproscopy confirmed my hunches. 
  • She also said she understands why I am always complaining about painful periods (so yeah, it's not just me being a wimp!!!) and I am pretty much 100% infertile.  C'mon, like, duh, what else is new? 
  • Anyway, she wants me to either get on birth control or get a shot that mimics menopause. Pretty much my body needs to stop my reproductive system from performing its functions because it's all out of whack. I've been on birth control briefly many many moons ago and I absolutely hated it. I pretty much experienced every side effect and it was bad. Not sure which I should choose. I could choose neither and continue on with super painful cramps and abdominal discomfort; I've lived with that for this long, suppose I don't need to change anything now. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...I guess I have a few weeks to think about it...
So there's that. : /  I have been told that I cannot perform the most basic of female functions... I cannot reproduce. That's the essential reason why both males and females were put on this earth, right? To procreate. And now, I literally 100% medically proven cannot.  That is some heavy news I've just been dealt.
       Luckily, Wes fell in love young and had a child earlier in life. At least his genes will live on. As for me and my family tree, well, its DEAD. I have no siblings. I will never be an aunt, my mom will never be a grandmother and I will never be a mother. It sucks. But what do you do? Wes doesn't want to adopt and we're both against scientific intervention in the baby making department. So we accept this blow and move on.

Back to non-depressing blog topics...
       I studied business in college and always wanted to start one of my own. I started RagsReborn last year (admittedly a little late in life but I've always been a late bloomer). My business venture is coming along rather nicely. I can talk about it all day but I want to talk about some other people who are working toward self-made fame. I know so many:
        my cousin, Jan, is the future of the kuk sool won school of martial arts; 
      another cousin of mine, young lil cutie Michelle, is going to win So You Think You Can Dance as soon as she turns 18;
      one of my besties, Michelle (must be a popular name), is going to get famous from making jewelry. And I own one of her first pieces.

Instead of listing out everyone I know, I settled on a top three list.

EMMA-
aka LittleBennet.  My cousin's wife, Emma, is an award nominated blogger. Her blog http://littlebennet.com/ is a wonderful read. She travels, has DIY projects, fashion advice and amazing photography.  Basically, it's what I want my blog to become when it grows up. LOL

My favorites of her posts are the ones about travel. (I love to travel and don't do enough of it.) Another one of my cousins, Winnie, got married in Norway this past spring. Emma and her husband, Kent, took an amazing trip all over Europe. They hit 7 cities in about a month. They did everything from hiking in Iceland to afternoon tea in London. I followed her blog & Instagram religiously and became more and more envious of her pictures, especially the ones about food.

LACEY-
I've known this lady for decades (yes, I can say decades--plural--because I met her in junior high school and we're both 30 now!). Lacey has always been artsy and creative. Now she makes soap. I'm trying to convince her to jump into the world of Etsy and craft shows with me.
Here's her men's line that she made for Wes last Christmas. The mustache soap is for shaving.
She started out by making her own scents and color to add to pre-made soap. She made this apricot scent that smells sooooo good! I got so many samples but I used them all before I thought to take any pictures. They're really pretty--she used pastels and glitter and formed some really neat patterns. There was a swirly purple & white one and a pink, yellow and white plaid one that were my two favorites. Oh, she also has this gardenia scent that also smells really good.
She's branched out to making lip balm and bath bombs, too. Her newest venture is curing her own soap...like from scratch using lye and stuff. She is on vacation now, but says she has a batch at home that will be ready for me when she returns. 

TREVOR-
aka lightningshinobi.  My cousin Trevor draws & writes manga. I'm not too into the anime culture so I can't be a fair judge (and I'm biased toward his work) but what I've seen of his stuff is pretty good. He started with one boy character a few years ago and has really developed him and given him a good story arc and some interesting compadres. I visit Trevor annually and he is always happy to show me his newest drawings. He's come a long way in the few years he's been doing it. Here's is DeviantArt account: http://lightningshinobi.deviantart.com/

I know this blog is kinda all over the place but 1. I just had surgery two days ago and I'm still letting the results sink in...its a lot to fully comprehend and accept; 2. Sadie is distracting me with her cuddly cuteness and 3. I'm watching Wes play Grand Theft Auto V. I started blogging with this grand idea of highlighting all the future small business owners and entertainers I know and I don't think I organized it very well. It was mostly just a ploy to get myself to be not so depressed. Anyway, its time for lunch and then another nap...




No comments:

Post a Comment