Monday, June 8, 2015

Erica is throwing it back to Easter Sunday

Sadie and myself in our pretty Easter dresses : )

It is growing near my bedtime as I write this so I'll make it quick. I baked oatmeal raisin cookies to bring to my mom's for Easter. I also baked some for my coworkers. I didn't want to just package them in sandwich bags so I made some super quick Easter baskets. I made these in literally like three minutes. And they were free (as in I had to buy zero materials for them). They aren't the best quality but if you go with these basic instructions, you can add some pizzazz to them and turn them into something a lot nicer.

Paper sack Easter basket tutorial:
             Materials needed - paper sacks (I used the bags that liquor stores put your wine in), clear tape and scissors.
1. Cut the top 4 inches off the paper sack.
2. Cut two slits half way down the side of the paper sack.
3. Fold the paper sack in half. Fold the sides down where the slits are. Tape the sides together after they are folded down. The paper sack will now look like a basket. 
4. Cut the remaining part of the paper sack (the top half that we cut off in step #1) into three equal pieces. 
5. Crumple each piece until it looks like a piece of rope. Tape the ends of all three pieces together and braid them together. Now you have a handle to go on your basket. Tape the handle to the basket and you're all done. I didn't have much time for decorating but I bet you could make some really nice baskets if you spend some time on it. I would have loved to paint mine or glue floral arrangements on them. But, time and I don't get along and I am running late more often than I would like.


Just for kicks, here is me and Wes' Easter picture we took at my mom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment