Monday, November 24, 2014

Fact: Erica likes to do puzzles on weekends.

I've gotten to the stage in my life where I have long left my partying days behind and now my idea of a fun weekend is hanging out with Wes, my fur babies, my crafts and my sewing machine.  A hobby I enjoy is puzzling. I started with a 500-piece and went up from there.

Here is my first puzzle. I started doing these with my dad when I was in high school.

I've made tons of these things. Right now I have these hung up at the apartment.

My "Sunday fun-day sister" helped me do these. Oh and 'fun-day' meant I went to her house to cook, watch Once Upon a Time and work on these puzzles.

I got Wes into puzzles. These are the ones we made together. We are working on another one right now and have one more to do after that.

Enough of my musing, it's craft night!! I like painting my nails. I have no nails and I refuse to grow them out because I don't like long nails but I surely do enjoy painting what little bit I have. LOL I had all my nail polish in a shoe box but that looked too boring so I made this.



Cloth box tutorial-
 (its recycling old stuff and much cheaper than buying a fancy box...recycling + being cheap = a double whammy of winning!)
Materials needed: cardboard box, cloth, craft glue, ribbon, scissors

1. Make sure your cloth is about twice as big as your cardboard box.
2. Set your box in the middle of your cloth.
3. Spread glue all over your box. Wrap your cloth tightly around the box and cut off any excess.  I wrapped the cloth all the way around the box and about 2-3 inches into the inside walls of the box. Don't glue down the edges inside the box, yet.
4. Cut a piece of cloth about the size of the inside of your box (I like to cut bigger pieces and trim later). Glue that piece into the center of your box and glue edges along the walls of the box. It can be a little messy since no one will actually see the inside of your box.
5. Glue the excess from the piece that went around the box (step 3) down.
6. Glue a ribbon around the top of your box and tie a pretty bow.

Six steps and that's it! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment