Monday, December 1, 2014

Next to crafting, baking is Erica's favorite hobby.

I love desserts. I've baked almost everything: cookies, cupcakes, muffins, a pie or two, cheesecake, and even vegan cookies. Some have turned out amazing (^.^) and other recipes have been duds (;_;) It could be because I cannot follow a recipe. I either 1. think I can do it better or 2. I am too cheap to buy everything I need so I substitute ingredients.  I made wheat pumpkin bread with pumpkin spice whipped cream for Thanksgiving and plan on doing a chocolate peppermint bark for Christmas. And probably also a cookie for Christmas but not sure what type, yet.

I was looking though the little drawer that's built in underneath the oven --what is that thing called?--and saw that I had way too many cookie trays. What to do? DIY them into gifts, of course!
This is the one that's currently hanging in my cubicle at work.

Cookie tray magnetic board tutorial-
don't really need all of those things, duh, but the essentials are - cookie tray, paint, and string. I would recommend a drill for the holes for the string but I couldn't find one so I used a hammer and a screw driver. It takes quite some time to hammer a hole through a cookie tray. LOL

This won't be much of a tutorial. Think of it more like "here's an idea for you to re-purpose old cookie trays." Three steps:

1. Hammer or drill two holes at the top of the tray.
2. Paint the tray or, as in the first picture, glue a background to the tray.
3.Loop string through the holes on top.

I made some silly magnets to adorn mine.  I also glued pictures along the bottom. Other ideas: pen and Post-It notes, magnetic poetry, charms or to-do lists.




















No comments:

Post a Comment