Monday, April 9, 2018

#saythefword

No, no, no you guys... not that f word. LOL Earlier this year, I came across this hashtag #SaytheFword. Then after some research, I came across this article (https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/company-encouraging-women-to-say-f-word-fertility/) and this website (https://saythefword.com/).  The mission of the campaign is encourage women to talk about their bodies and reproductive health. According to the data presented by website above, studies show that an overwhelming number of women do not talk about their fertility. Plenty of women think about it and have experiences relating to it but not very many talk about it. Not even to their doctors. Not even to their partners and close family members.

WHAT??!!?!  o_O  That is preposterous.

Why have we, as a society, made the subject so embarrassing and taboo?  It shouldn't be and that is why I have chosen to use my blog to promote this movement. I don't often use my blog as a social platform so please bear with me. (We'll get back to fun travel posts, craft shows and DIY projects very soon.) If you have a minute, please visit https://saythefword.com/ and take the pledge. It'll ask you a few simple questions and best of all, after completing the survey, you can choose a non-profit for the website to donate to. I chose the Endometriosis Foundation of America (your other options are Planned Parenthood, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association or Women's March).

I have taken the pledge to break the silence. I believe women need to be empowered--not ashamed--to talk about their fertility and any challenges, questions and/or decisions they make concerning it. This year, women's studies, women's rights and women's movements have become extremely prevalent and for good reason. It is time for women to be recognized and honored. Feminist is no longer a forbidden word and fertility shouldn't be either.

If any of you guys share my blogs, please use the hashtag #SaytheFword.



No comments:

Post a Comment