Monday, December 15, 2014

Captain America and Iron Man are Erica's favorite super heroes...

... but Wes' favorite is Spider-Man. I've learned to be a Spider-Man fan over the years of dating Wes. When we went to Sydney, we saw Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Rise of Electro at the world's largest IMAX. It was the one in Darling Harbour. P.S. Darling Harbor is my favorite place in Sydney; I highly recommend it if you ever visit the land down under.

Wes's friends got him a hideous Spider-Man shirt from a garage sale. (It was one of those oversized faux silk ones.) He mentioned that he needed a lunch bag for work. I was wandering around Target and saw a canvas lunch bag on sale and snagged it. Then DIY inspiration happened!! I took the two and made this.

Recycled shirt lunch bag tutorial-
   Materials needed: lunch bag (mine was canvas), shirt, hot glue gun, scissors, needle & thread
                                                      The original bag and shirt

1. Cut the shirt into pieces that are a little bigger than the sides of your bag. One piece for each side of the bag (mine was 5 pieces).
2. Glue the pieces onto their respective sides.
3. Since we cut the shirt into pieces that were a little bigger than the sides of the lunch bag, we can trim to the exact perfect size. After trimming, sew the edges of the shirt onto the lunch bag. This probably isn't absolutely necessary but it will prevent damage from wear and tear.

Its almost Christmas!! A little over a week before I get to shower my loved ones with hand crafted gifts : )

A little off topic... but... I just wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes, engagement congratulations and condolences regarding Kensington. All the Facebook messages, texts and phone calls were greatly appreciated and reminded me of all the wonderful friends and family I am surrounded by.

No comments:

Post a Comment