Monday, November 2, 2015

Erica has an ambitious month lined up.

I have four shows coming up in November and December. I haven't done any of these shows before so I'm not sure how it'll go but I am eager to find out. I've been sewing new pillows and getting my booth displays ready all weekend. I hope you can make it out to one (or all, if you really want to be a doll) of the shows to check out what I have. As always, if you have a custom order, bring it out because I'll have my sewing machine with me. And, if one of your pillows needs a little more stuffing, I will re-fluff and stuff for just $1.

Here's a little bit of detail on each show:
    (to further encourage you to come and to help you decide which show to attend)

TRIUMPH FAMILY WORSHIP CRAFT FAIR
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2015     9AM-4PM
       This is a small show at a local church. I don't expect too many vendors. It'll most likely have your usual craft show fare: jewelry, knitted items, baby items, soaps and candles. If you're looking for something extraordinary, I would go to one of my other shows later in the month.
       The reason why I chose to be a part of this show is because of the event organizers. I was contacted on Facebook by one of the ladies who is running the show. We talked a bit and she seemed really nice. The booth rent was within my budget so I signed up. A couple of weeks later, I received a complete vendor packet. It outlined the show's itinerary, do's and don'ts, and all other general information you could think of. I knew months before the show exactly what time I needed to be there for set up, what I needed to bring and even what would be served for lunch (soups & stews). I am not a spontaneous person so having all this information in advance was great customer service in my mind.
This show is having a silent auction to benefit the church and all vendors were asked to donate at least a $10 value item. Here is mine.

PUTNAM CITY WEST HIGH SCHOOL "WEST FEST"
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2015     10AM-4PM
        I didn't attend PC West but I'm supporting the cause anyway. LOL One of the show organizers handed me a flier at The Summer Show and I decided immediately to give it a try (I think I was just really excited to be at a show and wanted to do more). But now, the more I think about it, the more I think I should have chosen another show to do on this weekend... but it's too late now >.>
       I've heard mixed reviews regarding this show. The last one they put on was in the spring. I heard the actual event, "West Fest," was great. There were lots of games for children, outdoor grilling, signs advertising the outdoor festival everywhere but the craft show part that was inside didn't get too much traffic because everyone was outside enjoying the family activities. So, I'm telling you now... there is a craft show that is indoors. After you have fun in the bouncy castles and face painting, come on in and look around at all the local vendors and shopping.
       The only thing I must tell you now is that I am only selling totes at this show. No Pillows. I will have my sewing machine but I'm not bringing any cotton so if you want a custom order, I'll have to sew you a tote. Or I can take your order and deliver it to you at a later date.
This show is having a silent auction to benefit the school and all vendors were asked to donate at least a $25 value item with a sign explaining their shop. Here is mine.

EARLYWINE PARK YMCA CRAFT AND VENDOR FAIR
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2015     9AM-3PM
       One of the first vendors I ever met (back at the Indie Trunk Show) told me that I have to do this show. She said that she and her husband get more sales at this show than any other one they do. She said it's a small show but all the vendors are great and the YMCA does a great job hosting it. She advised me to try to get in this show each year but it is juried (yikes, competition!) so I decided that I needed to apply in May. The show isn't until November so I applied entirely too early and just freaked myself out when the YMCA didn't contact me right away. As I was finalizing my holiday show schedule, I got an email stating that I was accepted. YAY!
       I have walked the track at the Earlywine YMCA a couple of times so I think it's great that I'm able to be a part of their show and give back to the community. All of our booth fee went back into financing YMCA programs. 

THE CROWN CENTER HOLIDAY HANDMADE SHOW
SATURDAY DECEMBER 12, 2015     9AM-4PM
       This show also came highly recommended. Two of my fellow vendors at Indie Trunk Show singled this one out as one of their favorite shows. It, too, is a juried show. And it's a handmade show. That should mean no direct sales (Jamberry, Avon, Origami Owl, etc.) and no boutique. Pretty much, this is my dream show on paper. (^_^) If you're looking for an actual craft show, this is the one for you. And its right around Christmastime.  Here is a list of vendors thus far:
I wish they listed shop/business names instead of our actual names but this was a post for other vendors and not the public so I guess names make sense. 
       I'm really super excited about this show. I expect a good variety of vendors and a lot of quality made items. It's a larger show than the one at Triumph Family Worship and PC West. If you could only choose one show to attend, I would recommend this one or the YMCA show. I will have both pillows and totes (unless I sell out at West Fest) at these two. I will only be bringing pillows to the Triumph Family Worship show.  I wish I found some shows that were in north OKC but driving to south OKC and Moore for a show isn't bad. I will have feedback on each show after they are complete. I look forward to seeing you!
TTYL... I have work to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment