Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm sure she's mentioned this before...but Erica loves baking!!

I got the coolest thing from Wes' friends for Christmas.
Here's some promotional advertising for you.
They're non-stick and machine washable. You make your batter and then pour it in and bake on a cookie sheet. You don't even need to put them in a muffin tray! The cupcakes come right out when you're done. I've made both savory muffins and sweet cupcakes in these and I love them. The New York Baking Company makes them. Check out their website www.thenewyorkbakingcompany.com

One thing I make that always gets rave reviews is corn bread muffins. I'm a little sad that my sweet baked goods don't do as well but these things are awesome. Instead of crafting, I'm going to post another recipe.


Cornbread muffins:
Ingredients - 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
                     1 cup of wheat flour
                     2 eggs
                     2/3 cup of milk
                     1/2 cup cheese (any kind will do)
                     A dash of salt and pepper
                     1 cup of add-ins ... this is what makes them special ^_^
I've done 1/2 cup of shredded kale and 1/2 cup of diced pepperoni.
I've done a cup of canned corn with a small whole diced up jalapeno.
I've done 1/2 cup of shredded spinach with 1/2 cup of diced salami.
The possibilities are endless. Just make sure whatever you put in adds up to one cup. I think my favorite has been the kale and pepperoni.
For tonight's post, I'll be adding in.... 1/2 cup diced broccoli crowns, a hand full of crushed peanuts and 1/2 cup thinly sliced pancetta.

Peanuts aren't in the picture because they were a last minute addition

1. In a large bowl, mix together the box of cornbread mix, wheat flour and salt & pepper by hand with a wooden spoon.
2. Add in the eggs and milk and mix thoroughly using an electric hand mixer (about 1-3 minutes).
3. Add in the cheese, peanuts, 1/2 cup diced broccoli crowns & 1/2 cup thinly sliced pancetta and mix again with the electric mixer (about another 1-3 minutes).
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. All the recipes I've ever used have me pre-heat the oven first but then it takes me so long to mix the ingredients that I'm just leaving the oven on and wasting electricity. So, I'm not pre-heating until everything is mixed. Plus, this gives me a chance to take a quick break.
5. Pour batter into a greased muffin tray or silicone cupcake holders. Cupcake holders are better ;)
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes and serve hot. Makes one dozen muffins.

Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment