Monday, March 2, 2015

Erica has awesome amazing news!!

Guess who's in the Indie Trunk Show?  This crafty little blogger right here! Come visit me on Saturday, May 16th. If you forget to save the date, no worries... I plan to promote and advertise in the upcoming months...you'll get a flier ;)

Last December, my friend, Michelle, and I went to the Indie Trunk Show at the State Fair Grounds www.indietrunkshowokc.com It was pretty cool. A ton of local artists and vendors were there. So much unique stuff. I was walking around and thinking,

This is 100 percent without a doubt DEFINITELY what I want to do... I want to have a booth filled with my RagsRebornGifts (pillows and totes). And me in the middle of it all...handing out business cards like a pro and accepting custom orders on the spot. OMG... CUSTOM ORDERS!! Those are my absolute favorite to sew. Just imagine it-- lovely people bringing me used t-shirts and me sewing away; turning them into pillows. Then crowds of those same people happily skipping away with their new reborn t-shirt! (Its cheesy but my musings usually are) The only thing that would be missing is Sadie under my work space.

So here's how it happened... I was checking my Etsy dashboard and all of the sudden, I get this conversation:
I immediately got super excited but then thought it was just another marketing ploy. This lady probably contacted tons of Etsy sellers to get the volume of responses she wants. This lady is a professional in marketing...she knows what she's doing. I decided that I wasn't ready, yet, and my business isn't even a year old. I'll accumulate more inventory and then be in the show for 2016.

Then, a few weeks later, I get this message:
"Wow, she does like my stuff'" I thought.  Like, she likes it more than just as if it was a marketing ploy. I did some research and decided that I can handle this. Sure, I need to definitely make more pillows and totes (I only have about 15 made now). And, I need to advertise. If I want to focus on custom orders sewn on-the-spot, I gotta get my name out there. But, hey, its only February and the show is in May. I can do this...right? I'm an over-thinker and an over-stresser, so I made a little plan out in my head, weighed the pros and cons and then applied. And waited.

Then, I got this email!! 
I'm accepted!! I've never been accepted into anything my entire life. LOL I feel like the cool kid who tried out for the cheer leading team and got head cheerleader. Its kinda a big deal. So, it's off to work for me. This is where you, loyal readers and fans, come in... I need inventory! If you have a used t-shirt that you don't mind parting with, let me know. I'm taking donations.You can get a pretty good idea of what I use by looking at my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/RagsRebornGifts I also plan to hit up thrift shops around Oklahoma City. If you know some good ones or want to go thrifting with me, then let me know. I love adventures and would love to have you with me!
So many pillows to make!!

I sew. I craft. I have big ideas. Great things are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment