Monday, October 13, 2014

Erica LOVES earrings!

I knew I had to organize and rearrange my earrings for this blog's pictures. What I didn't know is that I'd get carried away and organize all of my accessories... necklaces, bracelets and hair accessories were done along with the earrings. I love living with my mate but there's something therapeutic about having the apartment to yourself and cleaning with loud music on. I'm so productive!! Here is what my earrings ended up looking like. All nice and in line. I had more but I got rid of a ton of stuff I don't wear anymore.


Funny story about this thing.  I knew I had way too many earrings and throwing them in a box would not work.  I couldn't see them all and they were getting tangled : ( I had an idea in my head and I was fairly certain I've seen this "aluminum sheet of thing with holes" at a hardware store before.  So I head to Home Depot and find the first stocker walking the aisles.  "Sir," I said politely as I approached, "I have an idea of how to organize my earrings. I need a sheet of something I can hang that's about the size of your standard poster. I need it to have holes punched in it.  I need the holes to be spaced evenly so I can stick all my pairs of earrings on this thing and hang it in my closet. Can you direct me to something like that?" And surprisingly, he took me right to this thing. I guess he's been asked before. Crafty girls must come to Home Depot a lot.

It works great on my dangly earrings but what about the studs? How about something like this?


I got this idea off  Pinterest and here's my take on it...
     Picture frame & Ribbon earring holder tutorial -
     Materials needed: picture frame (any size will work, I went with the standard 4"x6"), 2 types of ribbon, scissors & hot glue

1. Take the backing and glass out of your picture frame.  Save it for another craft! : )
2. Start on one corner and tie your vertical ribbon (the piece that's not lacy in my picture) into a knot behind the frame.
3. Wrap about a couple of times up and down the picture frame. Hot glue the end piece to the back of the frame.
4. Then tie the horizontal piece of ribbon. I tied mine into a bow because I couldn't cleverly disguise the knot anywhere on the frame.
5. Pull across the frame, cut and hot glue. Repeat until you have enough rows for your earrings.
6. Glue a piece of ribbon on the top right and left corners to hang.
7. Let hot glue completely dry and make sure the frame is cool before putting earrings in.

Easy peasy. Thanks for spending your Monday with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment