Monday, October 31, 2016

Erica's recipe for delicious peanut butter cookies.


Happy Halloween, everyone!! I hope you all had a fun weekend of Halloween parties and your kids got more than enough candy. Please show me pictures of your costumes... I LOVE Halloween costumes (especially pet ones)!! Speaking of pet costumes, Wes & I took Athena to the Spooky Pooch Parade at the Myriad Gardens over the weekend. Athena didn't dress up but we saw a bunch of other cute dogs who did.
Geppetto & Pinocchio on the bottom right was one of my favorites. My other favorite is a family dressed in rain ponchos. They were carrying umbrellas with stuffed cats & dogs dangling off of them. It was raining cats & dogs!! LOL I really wanted a picture but they never walked our way.
We met up with my coworker, Jennifer, and her dog, Martin. We've been wanting to get Martin & Athena together for a play date all year. They liked each other & had a fun time sniffing butts <3 

For Halloween this year, I baked peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for my coworkers. I baked these once for my ICP Presentation over the summer. (Everyone in my department had to do a presentation over some random topic my manager assigned us. Mine was beyond boring so I bribed everyone into paying attention by promising cookies after my presentation was over.) The cookies were a huge hit! I baked somewhere between three & four dozen and they were all gone by lunchtime. A few coworkers have asked for them again so I decided to bring that for Halloween (instead of candy).

I have the most basic recipe for peanut butter cookies in my recipe collection. I tweaked it some by adding crushed peanuts and chocolate chips (and removed some of the sugar content). Here is my version of peanut butter cookies.
Soft n' chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe:
       Ingredients needed- 1 cup butter, 1 cup all natural peanut butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 cup crushed peanuts*, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plastic wrap
*To make crushed peanuts, put raw unsalted peanuts in a food processor.
1. Cream the butter, all natural peanut butter and both sugars in a bowl.
2. Add eggs and continue to cream together until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I pour in 1/2 a cup of the flour mixture at a time while mixing. If you do too much, flour will fly everywhere!
5. Add in the crushed peanuts. Mix well.
6. Add in the chocolate chips. Mix well.
7. Pour the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a giant ball, wrap and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Roll the chilled dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet. The cookies don't expand too much so you can place them close together.
10. Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Place on a cookie rack to cool.
Mmmmm.... cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment