Monday, October 24, 2016

Accouncing RagsReborn Gifts' Holiday Craft Show Schedule!

Here it is... the last five craft shows of the year! \(^_^)/ And what a difficult year it has been! (;_;) Last year in 2015, I did two fairly large shows over the summer and then mainly concentrated on smaller holiday shows in November and December. I was spoiled and unprepared for how difficult the upcoming spring and summer craft show seasons would be. Then 2016 rolls around and I experienced my first show where I sold absolutely nothing. Finances are tight but I am still sewing & producing beautiful pillows because RagsReborn is my passion & greatest dream. I'm hoping to bounce back and see an increase in business as the holiday shopping season gets underway.
This is where I'll be Saturday... my last fall show before the holiday season begins!

Sadly, I am not the only artist who has had a difficult year. Due to the oil layoffs in the spring and the uncertainty of the future of our country brought on by the current election, Oklahomans have been a little more frugal than they usually are. I know several vendors, artists and crafters who have suffered from dismal sales this year. We are all beginning to know what it means to be a starving artist. As you prepare your Christmas lists and begin to buy gifts, I hope you take some time to visit local craft shows. There is so much local talent in Oklahoma! I know many artists who make jewelry, craft unique decorative household items, write books, create pens & wooden items, make soaps & candles, and sew, crochet & quilt. I am sure if you take the time to shop at local craft shows, you will be able to find something for every single person on your gift list. And, the parking is much better than at the mall and the lines are way shorter!

There are so so so many local craft shows to choose from. Of course, I'd like for you to come to the shows where I will be at, but if you can't make it out to any of my shows, there are plenty more going on every weekend. (Just to give you an idea of how prominent craft shows are, over these past two months, there were nine weekends in September and October... and I did seven shows!) The most important thing is that you support your local artists. Shop local, shop handmade, shop Oklahoman!!

See my pillows all stacked up in the top center photo?

There are two shows I would like to mention before I share all of the shows that I, RagsReborn Gifts, will be at. 
       On November 5th, there will be a show at Triumph Family Worship Church. It won't be a large craft show but the vendors who will be selling there will have amazing items to purchase and every member of that church is friendly & supportive. This was my second favorite show that I participated in last year. Sadly, it is on the same day as my first favorite show so I had to pass on it this year. After you come out to The Handmade Show at The Crown Center and the Sip & Shop event at Quirk and Beans Coffee Bar, please also go check out the craft show at Triumph Family Worship. (https://www.facebook.com/events/298782447126369/)
       The other show that I wanted to participate in but couldn't due to a scheduling conflict is The Santa Market. The Santa Market is the holiday handmade shopping destination in Edmond, Oklahoma. Three of my favorite vendors, Sweet Sparrows, Skunk Juice and Pixie Creations will be there. I met local children's book author, Carly Cartmill, at a Quarter Mania event earlier this year. We've become fast friends and she asked if I would donate a pillow set to The Santa Market's raffle to benefit Alzheimer's research. I whipped up the pillows pictured below. So, after you shop at the Craft & Vendor Fair at the Earlywine Park YMCA, please swing by The Santa Market (https://www.facebook.com/thesantamarket/?fref=ts) to finish up your shopping and bid on my awesome pillows. 

Just in case the print on my Holiday Craft Show Schedule flyer is difficult to read, here are all of my craft shows:
       (P.S. I will not be defying space & time by being at two places at once on November 5th. I, personally, will not attend the Sip & Shop event. My best friend, Alan, and his wonderful girlfriend have volunteered to set up at booth on my behalf at that event. They are friends with both myself and the coffee shop's owner and wanted to do us both a favor.)

SIP & SHOP AT QUIRK AND BEANS COFFEE BAR
Saturday November 5, 2016 10am - 2pm
109 NW 142nd Street, Edmond, Oklahoma 73013

THE HOLIDAY HANDMADE SHOW AT THE CROWN CENTER
Saturday November 5, 2016 9am - 4pm
13300 S. Western Ave., Moore, Oklahoma 73170

CHRISTMAS BAZAAR AT CENTRAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Saturday November 12, 2016 9am - 3pm
5101 N. May Ave., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112

CRAFT AND VENDOR FAIR AT EARLYWINE PARK YMCA
Saturday November 19, 2016 9am - 3pm
11801 S. May, Oklahoma City, OK 73130

CHRISTMAS AT THE LODGE AT MUSTANG MASONIC LODGE
Saturday December 3, 2016 9am - 3pm
406 E. State Highway 152, Mustang, Oklahoma 73064


No comments:

Post a Comment