Monday, August 22, 2016

Athena & Jameson's Puppy Pizza Party


My friend, Alan, and his girlfriend adopted a new puppy a few months ago. Little precious pup, Jameson. Alan, Jameson, Athena and I went out to eat on the patio at Mamasitas one night and the dogs got along great. They were being a little naughty, though...trying to jump on the waitress, barking at little kids and trying to get food off the table. We got to talking and decided that the next time the dogs have a play date, we should do it at Alan's house (to save us the embarrassment LOL). So tonight after I finish this blog, Athena and I are walking over to Alan's for dinner. What's more fun than a pizza party? A pizza party with puppies!!
I've baked homemade dog biscuits before but I've never done any novelty treats. I'm using an old recipe for dog treats and adding "toppings" to turn them into pizza. I'll be making one savory pizza and one dessert pizza. Here goes:

PIZZA PUPPY TREAT RECIPE-
Ingredients needed: 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 egg, 1/4 cup milk (we drink 2% lactose free milk), 1/2 cup chicken broth.

  • For the savory pizza, 1 can pumpkin puree & some meaty dog treats (I'm using Pupperoni). 
  • For the dessert pizza, 1 can pumpkin puree & 1 banana


1. Mix together egg, milk & chicken broth.

2. Put the flour in a large bowl and form a well in the center.

3. Pour the egg mixture into the well in the center of the flour.

4. Stir together the wet & dry ingredients. Make sure it is mixed well.

5. Knead the dough into a ball. (You may need to sprinkle some flour on your hands.)

6. Dust flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough to about 1/3 inch thickness.

7. Using a round cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles for the "pizza crust." I don't own a round cookie cutter, so I just used a cup.

8. I guess somewhere in between steps 5 and 7 we should have pre-heated our oven. Oops, my bad. Anyway, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the pizza crusts onto a non-stick surface (wax paper on a baking sheet works great) and bake for 20 minutes.

9. Let the crusts cool. Then time for toppings! Spread pumpkin puree onto each pizza crust.

10. Top with meaty dog treats for savory pizza or sliced bananas for dessert pizza. Then bring to pizza party and watch the puppies enjoy their treat!

Time to bring these fun treats to Alan's. I'll be taking lots of pictures of Athena & Jameson tonight and posting to my Instagram. Follow me @ragsreborngifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment