Monday, July 25, 2016

RagsReborn is back from summer break.

I'll type this out later... I know it's a little small to read.

I have a craft show this Saturday!! \(^_^)/ My first one since May. It was nice having two months off but I'm eager to get back to showing my pillows. I've missed the craft show excitement and my fellow vendor friends. What have I been doing this June & July? Well, lets see...
I started working with various fabrics. Don't worry, I still sew t-shirt pillows but I've also started exploring different fabric options. (Every artist needs to grow!)
       A coworker suggested that I sew burlap pillows, which is currently my major project. I hope to have a large selection of burlap pillows at my upcoming shows--everyone cross your fingers & pray that I finish in time. I've also played around with lace, satin and velvet (all pretty difficult to work with). And I've purchased a bunch of fun patterned quilter's cotton. If you have any fabric or pillow ideas, please send them my way!
Aside from sewing pillows, I've also branched out to be the local seamstress of my workplace. LOL I turned a shower curtain into a two panel window curtain for a coworker. Almost all of my coworkers are familiar with RagsReborn and we have tossed around ideas for all sorts of projects. I have definitely seen an increase in custom orders over these past few months. Passing out business cards to any and everyone is starting to pay off! 
While I was on summer break, I visited some local boutiques. I stopped in Sparkle Shack Gifts/Jenny's Thrift and Velvet Bird Antiques to chat with the owners and leave business cards. I'm not ready to be showcased in a shop, yet, but I'm certainly entertaining the idea. I also participated in craft show "swag bags" for the first time. There are three shows that I wanted to do but couldn't, for one reason or another. To show my support, I met with the show coordinators and left some business cards for them to use with their promotional goodies. 
So, that was my summer break. Now back to business! Here is a list of my upcoming craft shows:

SATURDAY JULY 30:
Summer Fun Craft Bazaar
9am - 4pm
Norman Masonic Lodge #38
1700 N. Porter Ave.
Norman, OK 73071
SATURDAY AUGUST 13:
Indian Taco Sale & Indie Market
11am - 2:30pm
OK Choctaw Tribal Alliance
5320 S. Youngs Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73119

SATURDAY AUGUST 20
A Bazaar For All Seasons
9am - 3pm
Del City Christian Church
4340 SW 15th
Del City, OK 73115

FRIDAY AUGUST 26:
Quarter Mania "Fun"draiser benefiting The Friends of the Mustang Animal Shelter
5:30pm - 8:30pm
Mustang Town Center
1201 N. Mustang Road
Mustang, OK 73064
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 10:
Third Annual Classic Car Show
Noon - 5pm
Doo-Wop Glam Shop
5581 NW Expressway
Warr Acres, OK 73132






No comments:

Post a Comment