Monday, March 28, 2016

RagsReborn's SURPRISE show announcement!

I'm happy to announce a SURPRISE craft show!!
       Are you ready for it??!?!?!

I won't have my regular booth layout, though. (;_;) Some sad news... my "double decker couch" inspired shelf wore itself out. It lasted me 7 shows, which is quite the feat since it was completely homemade with cardboard, Velcro, cloth and craft glue. The Velcro started coming off last year, so for the past two shows, I've used yarn to tie the pieces together. The cardboard pieces started bowing in and warping more and more due to use; then in the middle of my show at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds, the shelf just started falling apart! Wes and I were able to salvage it enough to finish out the show but it's time to let go.
My old display shelf. I cried on the inside as I walked it to the dumpster.

I'm currently working on new blue prints... with a new table... a collapsible table that Jessa so graciously gave to me!! I got some good ideas from some of my friends & fellow vendors so it's time to get to work.
       It'll involve more cardboard--because it's the sturdiest and lightest material I can transport on my own. I'm thinking of building bleacher-like boxes to put my pillows in and on. I'll also be making them different sizes so they can nest inside each other for transportation and give my display some different heights. We'll see how this goes. You should come check out the craft fair at the Wilmont Place Baptist Church. Be the first to see my new booth layout!!

An aside...
       This is what I really want for my booth display. A wooden folding shelf! It would look great with my antique trunk, don't you think? This is on my "for the future" wish list... many years down the line since I don't have money for something like this right now and even if I did, it probably wouldn't fit in my backseat. But, take a good look and keep this in mind. If you know of where to buy some cheap but durable and, most importantly, light weight wood and/or someone who would be willing to build this for me, let me know!

Anyway, back to my big show announcement... I'll be at Wilmont Place Baptist Church for their Craft & Vendor Fair this Saturday, April 2nd. Hooray  \(^_^)/ It's a small show at a local church in south Oklahoma City. I'll be there from 9am to 5pm. (Yup, aaalllllllll day!) I didn't intend on doing three shows in April but I haven't done a show since the Creative Craft Festival in Norman earlier this month and that has been way too long! 
       ***NOTE: This show is not a "pure" craft show; it is mostly a vendor fair, meaning there will not be a lot of handmade items. Instead, it will have a lot of direct sales consultants so if you're short on your Scentsy, Jamberry or Pink Zebra products, come on out. I still prefer handmade craft shows but I also support shows that allow vendors and have actually purchased a few of their products myself. 
       *gasp!* Why the sudden change of heart??? Well, I used to hate on direct sales when they go to craft shows (because, ahem... Pampered Chef is not a craft) but, lately, I've met a lot of the ladies who sell these products and they are all very kind and hard working. They take pride in their business & products and have befriended me as a fellow businesswoman. I still don't agree with their sharky sales pitches but I have learned a thing or two about sales & marketing from them. If you use any direct sales products, I would recommend coming out to a vendor fair to purchase your products in person instead of shopping online or from catalogs. If you would like a Paparazzi or Carey Pet & Home Care consultant, please let me know. I can recommend some wonderful ladies to you!

Funny story...
       One of the craft show coordinators, Karen, came to the Cleveland County Fairgrounds a few weeks ago to browse for talent & recruit vendors for her show at the church in April. She came to my booth and introduced herself.
     
Well, actually, the conversation went like this...
K: Hello, I know you!
E: Oh? Are you a vendor?
K: No but we've been talking. I'm with Wilmont Place.
E: Yes! Of course! I'll be at your show coming up soon!

We talked about RagsReborn, the craft show, the church and their mission trip. Her daughter is a missionary and will be the primary show coordinator but Karen has done craft shows for years and decided to lend a hand. She is a crafting veteran! 
I suppose this is what Wilmont Place OKC looks like. It was the first image that came up on my Google search. LOL

I've decided that my favorite shows are ones at local churches. I'm not particularly religious but the atmosphere of church craft shows is amazing. Everyone is so so supportive & kind and you can feel the positive energy all day.
       I'm actually really excited to be a part of this particular craft show because its purpose is to raise money for their Nicaragua Mission Trip later this year. I went on a mission trip to Mexico several years ago with the St. Thomas More college group. We worked with a local church by interacting with the children (aka playing and goofing off all day) and doing some light construction. It was a really good faith journey & humbling experience. It was probably the most I prayed and opened up about my personal experience with the church. (I know that sounds really cheesy and I'm sure everyone says this about their missionary experience but its true.) Anyway, since I had such a good time on my mission trip, I'm more than happy to aid Wilmont Place's missionaries attain their financial goals so they can also walk in Christ's footsteps by spreading love and aid to Nicaragua. Please come out to the show this Saturday. All of the vendor booth rent goes to their missionary fund and all proceeds from breakfast and lunch also goes toward the fund. If crafts aren't your thing, at least come out to grab a meal.
Here's a REALLY old picture of the St. Thomas More missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment