Monday, January 12, 2015

When too stressed to post a tutorial, Erica will just write about dogs.

The last few months of 2014 were a crazy roller coaster. I survived and now 2015 is here. While I appreciate life lessons and adventures, I'm hoping to have a relaxing and much calmer January. I have to admit that I'm a little crafted out. (Can it be?!?! o_O) I made over 75% of my Christmas gifts and I added a lot of new products to my Etsy shop...maybe I do need a break! While I was perusing the Etsy blog, I came across this article. https://blog.etsy.com/en/2014/4-perks-of-working-with-pets


I totally agree with the article. Sadie and Kensington are always welcome guests to my craft nights. They definitely provide stress relief and inspiration. And a lint roller has become an actual craft supply! Almost all of my projects are either gifts or something for the dogs. Sadie lives under my desk...she used to be deathly afraid of the sewing machine, but now she stays in her bed while ole Kenni is running.



















Over the years, Kensington learned to not trample or destroy my crafts and supplies, as they were always laid out around the apartment. Sadie hasn't quite learned that, yet, but she sure does love helping (aka being as close to me as possible without getting glued or glittered).

One of the crazy end-of-2014 events was Kensington's passing. He had a terrible cough and his little lungs eventually gave out. I'm sure he's enjoying every bit of puppy heaven. Here's a throw back to my November 24th blog. (It was the cloth covered decorative box tutorial...just in case you didn't read that one). Wes and I made one for Kensington a week or so ago. I thought it'd be appropriate to share since Kensington passed about a month ago today. The only difference in this box and the one I made in the tutorial is the the burlap.  I used hot glue to glue around the edges and let it overlap about an inch into the inside of the box. The beauty of these decorative boxes is that they're run-of-the-mill cardboard and scraps of cloth. But after you put it all together, they look like the nice fancy boxes you can buy from Hobby Lobby or Target.


No comments:

Post a Comment