Monday, July 3, 2017

Erica goes to a Luminess Airess makeup party.


I've been to an Arbonne party and I've been to a Mary Kay party and now I've also been to a Luminess Airess party... the Luminess Airess party was by far the most fun of all of the makeup parties! My friend Melanie is a Luminess Airess consultant (https://luminessairess.com/melanie). She joined the business in April and in two months, has already become an airbrush makeup professional! Luminess Airess has natural, mineral- and water-based products that are affordable and easy to use. Their cosmetics are hypoallergenic, paraben- and fragrance-free, and completely filler- and oil-free.

The reason why I enjoyed the Luminess Airess party so much was because there was no presentation; no pressure to purchase a makeup kit and no pressure to join the direct sales business. It was just friends, snacks and makeovers, and the cosmetics spoke for themselves. I did end up purchasing a lip gloss and some makeup remover wipes but Melanie never once asked if I was going to purchase anything or tried to shove a catalog in my purse. She was super laid back and just wanted to show us gals how amazing the products are. Everyone in attendance could choose to receive a free airbrush makeover.

Alan (aka fiance of the year) went first. Although I do not know many men who wear makeup, I would recommend brow and root tint. She used it to cover the grey in his beard. The color blended into his natural beard color and you couldn't tell that the tint was being used. I told Alan he looked ten years younger! LOL I also told him that he could color in his beard for their wedding photos. "Great idea, Erica", we all agreed :)
I made Alan a fantastic pipe-cleaner tiara. 

Not long after Alan's makeover, it was my turn. Melanie expertly blended shades #3 & #4 (I think they were #3 & #4 at least) and went to work. The Luminess Airess system is an airbrush device. The hand device looks like an artist's airbrush. It hooks up to this power supply box. The makeup is liquid and is poured into the hand device, then you turn on the power to the desired speed and spray the liquid makeup onto your face. Sorry if the description is confusing; I should have gotten a picture of it. When the makeup is sprayed onto your face, it feels like a cool mist. It felt a little awkward at first (because it wasn't used to it) but then it became relaxing. Think of it like having a mini fan on your face on a hot day. Melanie started with a liquid primer, then the foundation, eye shadow and blush. Last was their famous lip stain. I chose the color "Fancy". The lip stain totally worked! I was drinking wine at the time and none of it came off onto my glass.
Alan & I were transformed into pretty princesses! I hadn't put on the lip stain at the time of the picture. 

I was impressed with the makeup; it felt light and didn't smudge. And my entire makeover only took about 15 minutes! I would say that it lands in the professional makeup spectrum. I did not purchase the airbrush kit because I do not wear that much makeup (I actually wear as little makeup as possible and just enough to look like a living female instead of a half-dead zombie). I thought I looked glamorous with the makeover. It would be perfect for a special event or a night out on the town. I would totally recommend the Luminess Airess airbrush system for anyone who lives a fierce and fashionable lifestyle.
My closeup! Sorry about the resting bitch face. LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment